Amoebas are single-celled organisms that are found in water and soil.
They are also found in the human body, where they can cause disease.
Amoebas are classified as protists, which are a group of
eukaryotic organisms that are not plants, animals, or fungi.
here are some of the advice from US health officials regarding amoebas:
1. Avoid swimming in warm freshwater bodies that are known to be contaminated with amoebas.
2. If you do swim in a warm freshwater body, take precautions to prevent amoebas from entering your body.
3. If you think you may have been exposed to an amoeba, see a doctor right away.
4. There is no cure for amoeba infection, but it can be treated with medication.
5. Using a nose clip when swimming in freshwater: